Sunday, May 18, 2014

Lost Mountain to Old Orchard

After my quick exit from the noisey shelter this morning I slowly warmed up. After a couple of miles I stopped and had some breakfast. Today was a cherry Paleo granola bar. No oats just coconut, seeds and nuts. 


I followed the trail through a cow pasture as the sun was coming over the horizon. I was able to get a few pictures. 



A mile or two later I got this surprise. 

That's right it snowed at the higher elevation while it poured rain on us. 

Guthook and I joined back up at Buzzard Rock. He had slept cold with all the wet. The skies didn't look all that good so we decided to call Uncle Tom and see if the cabin offer was still good. No luck there. We had poor service all day long. 

Grayson Highlands was a busy place today. Lots of Scout Troops. One I talked with is going to Philmont. I wished them well and told them there was a discount code for Gossamer Gear on my blog site. When I gave the address a leader and one of the boys said they had read some of my articles. I was flattered. 

The ponies were every where today. 


Guthook and I are at Old Orchard tonight. There is a Scout Troop here. The picture tells the story. 


Tomorrow is another big day.